6. July 2015 12:18
Today I will blog about a problem I had with the WSUS console on a SCCM Server.
When I tried to start the WSUS console it would just display an error message. It might have been a software update that has caused the problem but I am not sure of that.
When trying to start the WSUS console I got the following error
Where the text is:
MMC could not create the snap-in. The snap-in might not have been installed correctly.
Name: Update Services
I searched Goodle and found different suggestions how to solve the problem, but many of them did not help.
At last I found this blog entry where a solution was posted in the comments. Thanks to Deenovich for the solution.
It was not the same hotfix installation that caused the problem for me because it was not installed, but the solution worked.
The solution was the following:
- Download hotfix for KB2720211. For x64 it can be found here.
- Extract WUSSetup.msp from WSUS-KB2720211-x64.exe with 7-Zip (free utility).
- Once done just run WUSSetup.msp (a simple double click will do the job). You'll get a few error messages. Just click ignore.
- When the program has finished installing, restart the server if necessary. I did not need to do that.
- Enjoy that the WSUS console is working again.
I hope it helps.