There is no task sequences available to this computer

by Thomas Forsmark Sørensen 11. July 2013 12:43

Today I had a strange problem.

I was testing OS deployment at a customer and had two test PC's that I was testing Windows 7 deployment on.

At first they could PXE boot and start the Windows 7 deployment but then deployment failed with an error.
I corrected the problem in the task Sequence and PXE booted again and this time the Windows 7 deployment was failing with a new error.

I corrected the error but now I could not PXE boot the computers anymore. When they entered the graphical part of WINPE they just rebooted again.
I checked the MSTSC log file that stated that "There is no task sequences available to this computer".
I checked the ConfigMgr console. Both computers (which was failing) was in the correct collection and they had the Deployment for the Windows 7 deployment.

I then google'ed the problem and found this where they have the same problem. More...

Windows 8 DirectAccess client keeps saying "Connecting"

by Thomas Forsmark Sørensen 10. July 2013 00:43

Today I had a Windows 8 client that could not connect to a DirectAccess server.

In the "Network Connection List" on the Windows 8 client it stated that the DirectAccess connection is "Connecting" and it stays as this forever.
Even though it said that it was still trying to connect to the DirectAccess server, a connection was indeed established. I could ping internal resources.

So it had to be the in Windows 8 build in Direct Access Network Connectivity Assistant that could not find out that a DA connection had been established.
In the configuration of the DirectAccess server the configuration wizard had added DirectAccess-WebprobeHost.domain.com as a “Network Connectivity Assistant” (NCA) Resource. This is the host name that the NCA will try to contact to determine if there is connectivity to the internal network.

It turned out that the DNS record for DirectAccess-WebprobeHost did not exist in the internal DNS.
According to this TechNet article the DNS A record for DirectAccess-WebprobeHost should point to the internal IP of the DirectAccess server.
After adding the DNS record and empty the DNS cache on the Windows 8 client it now shows in the “Network Connection List” that the status of the connection to the DirectAccess server is “Connected”.

Powered by BlogEngine.NET 1.6.1.0
Theme by Mads Kristensen | Modified by Mooglegiant

About Me

  

My name is Thomas Forsmark Sørensen.

I live in Odense in Denmark and work for Globeteam in Virum.

I am working as a Microsoft Infrastructure consultant with main focus on application and Operating System Deployment.

I work mostly with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2012 R2 and MDT 2013, but I also work with other of Microsofts products. 

Calendar

<<  August 2017  >>
MoTuWeThFrSaSu
31123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031123
45678910

View posts in large calendar

Blogs that I read

Download OPML file OPML