26. August 2010 16:11
When capturing (mounting) and ISO in shared mode to a VM in System Center Virtual Machine Manager I received an access denied error.
The error was the following:
VMM cannot complete the Hyper-V operation on the server.domain.local server because of the error: 'SERVER' failed to add device 'Microsoft Virtual CD/DVD Disk'. (Virtual machine ID 04AA0CF7-E715-41F0-AC9B-2496CE31FE20)
'SERVER': User Account does not have sufficient privilege to open attachment '\\LibraryServer.domain.local\VmmLibrary\ISO\ISOFile.iso'. Error: 'General access denied error' (0x80070005). (Virtual machine ID 04AA0CF7-E715-41F0-AC9B-2496CE31FE20)
(Unknown error (0x8001))
Capturing in non shared mode works without any problems.
Microsoft have described the problem and the solution in the following KB article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2285882
The solution is to add the HyperV host to the Active Directory group called "Windows Authorization Access group" placed in the built-in container.
I had to reboot the HyperV server before it worked even though it is not mentioned in the KB article.
23. August 2010 23:37
A long time ago i ran into a problem where Windows Server 2008 R2 loses the ability to connect to a network share on a Windows Server 2003.
Microsoft has now finally released a hotfix to the problem (KB2194664).
When the Windows Server 2008 R2 is restarted everything is working as it should. But after a while it can no longer connect to a network drive on a Windows Server 2003 server.
Sometimes I cannot map on the UNC name and sometimes I cannot map on the IP address.
When I cannot map the home drive on the UNC name I will get the following error:
System error 53 has occurred. "The network path was not found"
When I cannot map the home drive using the IP address I will get the following error:
System error 59 has occurred. "An unexpected network error occurred."
Back in January 2010 I started a tread on the MS forum describing the problem. It has now grown to be a large tread with 159 posts and over 16.000 views. More...
23. August 2010 23:12
I just updated a customers Exchange 2007 from SP1 to SP3.
After the upgrade the OWA did not work anymore. When going to the https://mail.domain.dk/owa a blank page was displayed.
It turned out to be the HTTPS bindings on the IIS default web site that was gone. I added the HTTPS again and the OWA was working again.
Nice and simple, AFTER I had figured out what was wrong.